NFL rumors: Tom Brady already attempting to stop new job earlier than beginning it
In accordance with Andrew Marchand of the New York Put up, retired NFL quarterback Tom Brady is leaning in the direction of backing out of his contract with FOX.
Tom Brady gave retirement a attempt for a couple of month final offseason earlier than committing to return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. However after going 8-9 on the yr and getting eradicated within the Wild Card Spherical by the Dallas Cowboys, Brady introduced he was retiring “for good” this time round.
With that, a brand new job can be awaiting for him. Is he really going to undergo with it?
Andrew Marchand of the New York Put up mentioned that he feels there’s a “49-percent likelihood” that he’ll really undergo along with his FOX commentary job. That is the very gig for which he signed a 10-year, $375 million contract.
“I’ve talked to a few folks lately near Brady and I form of really feel like I’m going extra 49 % likelihood he does it, 51 % likelihood he doesn’t. I don’t suppose he needs to journey that a lot,” mentioned Marchand, h/t Bleacher Report. “… I believe Brady’s a man who if he’s in, he’s all in. So he’s not going to be exhibiting up day of video games like Joe Buck and [Troy] Aikman do generally. He’s going to be there early if he’s going to do it, so it’s a four-day occasion. … He shares his youngsters with Gisele [Bundchen]. I believe that’s crucial to him, and he can generate profits elsewhere.”
NFL rumors: ’49 % likelihood’ Tom Brady will name video games for FOX
Following his second retirement, followers puzzled after they would see Brady within the FOX broadcast sales space on Sundays. Effectively, the quarterback revealed this previous February to FOX Sports activities’ Colin Cowherd that he can be taking the 2023 season off and will get ready for 2024. Brady mentioned he wished to ensure that he was “nice” at his new job.
“I need to be nice at what I do,” mentioned Brady, h/t NFL.com. “I used to be speaking even final week with the folks at FOX Sports activities, and the management there permitting me to start out my alternative within the fall of 2024 is one thing that’s nice for me.
“So, (I’ll) take a while to essentially study, change into nice at what I need to do, change into nice at excited about the chance and ensure I don’t rush into something.”
Brady’s entrance into the FOX broadcast sales space did create some uncertainty. Former Chicago Bears and Carolina Panthers tight finish Greg Olsen was a part of the highest commentary group alongside Kevin Burkhardt, and he acquired reward for his transition into broadcasting. However as soon as Brady did enter, Olsen can be demoted to the “B group” on the community. Olsen’s contract runs out in 2026.
With this newest information, the NFL world will probably be ready to see if Brady will undergo along with his commentary profession, or if he’s going to attempt to get out of the contract. Very similar to with the previous two years, followers are going to be following his standing to see what he’ll do.